Chint Ireland Limited is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Chint Ireland Limited in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- Chint Ireland Limited
- Contact details of Chint Ireland Limited
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is Chint Ireland Limited
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
Chint Ireland Limited is an Irish-based LLC specialising in the importation and distribution of electrical components, primarily for use in the low-voltage switchgear manufacturing industry.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Unit F2 Clonlara Avenue, Baldonnell Business Park, Dublin 22
Purpose for processing your data
We use the non-personal data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- a) to provide you with the goods or services you have ordered or requested
- b) to contact you if required in connection with your order or to respond to any communications you might send to us
- c) to send you the occasional marketing communications.
In any event, Chint Ireland Limited are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Chint Ireland Limited use the personal data it collects about me?
Chint Ireland Limited will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Who are sharing your data with?
We may pass your non-personal data on to third-party service. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. This data may include, but not be limited to, number of unique users to our website, demographic breakdown of our users and/or the activities of the users while on our website. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Chint Ireland Limited procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data subject rights:
Chint Ireland Limited facilitates your, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure.
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Chint Ireland Limited refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Chint Ireland Limited will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Chint Ireland Limited or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Chint Ireland Limited.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any queries, questions or comments regarding this Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.